New Installations and Alterations
The IEE Wiring Regulations require every electrical installation to be inspected and tested during erection and on completion before being put into service. This requirement also applies to alterations or additions that include the provision of a new circuit to an existing installation.
Electro-Test Ltd can provide independent inspection, test and certification of new installations including a first fix inspection to ensure the installation meets BS7671 and appropriate Building Regulations relevant to electrical work.
The test and inspections procedure would include:
- Visual inspection
- Characteristics of supply at the origin of the installation
- Protective conductors continuity test
- Ring Circuit Continuity
- Insulation resistance test
- Earth electrode resistance
- Earth fault loop impedance test
- Operation of residual current devices
- Prospective fault current
- Site applied insulation and insulation of non conducting floors and walls